Canon today officially announced their entry level Full Frame Mirrorless camera called the Canon EOS RP. They say its their lightest and mast compact full frame mirrorless camera but as they only have one other thats not too hard.
It has a 26.2 MP CMOS sensor, 4K video at 24p and patently is great in low light. It has the latest Canon RF mount and will work with currently canon lenses using an adapter.
The Canon EOS RP camera is aimed at entry level enthusiasts and come with a Feature Assistant and Creative Assist functions to help new photographers get started. It has a vari-angle touchscreen LCD and electronic viewfinder but does not have a screen that can be flipped for l or selfies.
Check out this dedicated page on BH photo for more information.
Canon EOS RP Features
A full review will be coming soon so stay tuned but here are the basic specs.
Additional noteworthy features of the EOS RP camera include:
- 26.2 megapixel CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus
- 4,779 manually selectable AF points – WOW really!
- Eye detection AF
- 2.36 million dot EVF with Touch-and-Drag AF
- Vari-Angle LCD touchscreen
- 4K UHD 24P/Full HD 60p video recording with 4K time-lapse shooting
- ISO100-25,600 that is expandable up to ISO of 102,400 (apparently its going to be good in low light)
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® technology – this is a big for new cameras
Canon EOSR availability – March 2019
- Great price
- AF points are impressive
- Duel Pixel Eye auto focus
- fast growing range of lenses
- impressive and easy upgrade from APSC to Fullframe
The not so good
- Its so small – could be fixed with the grip
- 4K at 24p only
- No sensor stabilization – We want IBIS
- Not sure of image quality